Statement of Use and Takedown Policy
Statement of Use
East Riding Archives make digital collections available for research use in any of the following situations:
• The rights are owned by East Riding Archives
• East Riding Archives have permission to make them accessible
• East Riding Archives make them available in accordance with the principles of fair use
• There are no known restrictions reserved on their use
• They are in the public domain
• We are not able to confirm that they are subject to copyright, and are unable to discern any substantial risk of copyright infringement, privacy concerns or other objections to disseminating them
East Riding Archives make the best effort to adhere to all known copyright and rights of privacy, publicity, or trademark of these items. We are always keen to hear from any rights owners, so that we can obtain the most accurate information. If you own copyright to materials and feel you have not been properly identified, we ask that you immediately contact East Riding Archives to help us update our records and online holdings.
Requests for removal should be directed to:
East Riding Archives
East Riding of Yorkshire
Your enquiry should include the name and URL of the item or items to be removed, the reason for the removal request, and explanation of any claims to rights for the material.
East Riding Archives will review the request for just cause. Upon determination of just cause, the item or items in question will be removed from public view until the request is resolved. After the review process is complete, East Riding Archives will communicate the decision to the individual making the request.